To learn more about the candidates you can view their responses to the candidate questionnaire.
KFAI Mission Statement
KFAI is a volunteer-based community radio station that exists to broadcast information, arts, and entertainment programming for an audience of diverse racial, social, and economic backgrounds. By providing a voice for people ignored or misrepresented by mainstream media, KFAI increases understanding between peoples and communities while fostering the values of democracy and social justice.
Now Accepting Votes for Board Members
- Open now-Dec. 5: Election period
- Dec. 12: The Board of Directors Annual Meeting (held virtually and includes introducing new board members). Register for the Annual Meeting here.
Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
KFAI Board of Directors
(in alphabetical order)
Kevin Barnes, President | 2022-2023 (E)
T.J. Larson, Member | 2021-2023 (E)
Michael Milligan, Member | 2022-2024 (B)
David Orenstein, Vice President | 2022-2023 (B)
Jacque Pokorney, Treasurer | 2022-2023 (B)
Christopher Robin Zimmerman (CRZ), Secretary | 2022-2023 (E)
(E) Elected, (B) Board-appointed
KFAI’s Board of Directors values your input; please email us at email@example.com.
General Board meetings
The KFAI Board of Directors typically meets on the fourth Monday of each month. For safety, meetings are held online via Zoom at 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise announced. Members of the public are encouraged to attend – advance registration is required.
- Monday, December 18, 2023
Minutes, Reports, and Other Materials:
(meeting minutes are available through the links below.)
- KFAI Board Minutes and Materials (starting in 2008 and onward) (Drive)
- KFAI Articles of Incorporation (PDF)
- KFAI Bylaws (PDF)
- KFAI, Fresh Air Inc. Governance Policy (PDF)
- KFAI Board Orientation Packet (PDF)
- KFAI Diversity Statement (PDF)
- KFAI Reports and Financials
- Audited Financial Statement 2020 (PDF)
- Federal Form 990 2020 (PDF)
- Audited Financial Statement 2019 (PDF)
- Federal Form 990 2019 (PDF)
Community Advisory Board:
The KFAI Community Advisory Board (CAB) meets annually. The CAB works independently to assess KFAI’s methods of community responsiveness and assist in building new pathways to meet the educational and informational needs of the people we serve by evaluating KFAI’s strategic and financial goals to ensure we’re meeting our mission at all levels of the organization, from governance to ground-level community engagement, and see to it that we’re honoring our commitment to amplifying the voices, music, stories, and perspectives of our community’s most marginalized such as identities within the imperial/colonial and trade diasporas and the LGBTQIA and Two-Spirit communities.