You are hereHome ›
CHAT's 7th Annual Hmong Arts and Music Festival
Center for Hmong Arts and Talent’s (CHAT) 7th Annual Hmong Arts & Music Festival is being held on Saturday, August 16, 2007 at the Western Sculpture Park on Marion Street in Saint Paul.
This year’s theme is HMONGLAND.
Highlights at the festival include:
* A Visual Exhibition Tent – showcasing a collection of artwork created by Hmong artists
* The Master Gallery – a selection of juried visual artwork
* The Main Stage - hosts a full days worth of traditional and contemporary musicians and performers
* Art Saves Us Tent – featuring visual and performance pieces from the youth in CHAT’s after-school program
* Community Art Project – Hmong flags that are designed by community members to share their vision of HMONGLAND in a powerful visual exhibit
* Cakes by Fhoua Cake Decorating Challenge – a live cake decorating competition.
* Games, Food, Vendors and Resources – there will be something for everyone! Games and prizes for all ages, savory foods, useful resources and art vendors with original merchandise that can’t be found in stores.
Together, these elements create an atmosphere of celebration, community, sharing of tradition and culture. Come as an artist, patron, vendor, enthusiast, tourist or resource – it’s a good time for all ages.
For more information, please contact: Kathy Mouacheupao at 651-603-6971 or Kathy
KFAI Web Exclusive
Can't get enough of the programs you hear on the air? Then check out KFAI's Web Exclusive programming for the no-holds-barred, uncut content that you won't find anywhere else! New episodes are uploaded every Thursday, so look beyond the radio-dial!
Listen to News podcasts