We devote an entire show to audio literature. Fiction writer Arlene Atwater reads some of her short fiction, and she also talks with Richard Sowienski managing editor of The Missouri Review and Kelly Shriver, editor at Boundoff.com, an audio monthly magazine broadcasting literary short fiction using podcasting technology.
The activity was made possible in part by a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature and a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts. In addition, the story Jack Boot and editor interviews were recorded in conjunction with Inland Sea Recording, Superior, WI.
Another very eclectic mix of stuff inna Echo Chamber: from the excellent Love Trio in Dub (feat. U Roy), to Cabaret Voltaire; from the rootical sounds of the Love Grocer, to the brand new Devotion album from Cheb i Sabbah. And this was just the tip of the iceberg.
Why Good People Do Bad Things: How to Stop Being Your Own Worst Enemy Debbie Ford
Why Good People Do Bad Things exposes the pervasive and often hidden impulses that influence our everyday decisions. The headlines are full of stories of good people gone astray. They show up on the evening news and are splashed across the weekly tabloids.
In many ways, these sad stories have become a national obsession. Yet countless other acts of self-destruction and sabotage take place in our families, in our communities, in our circle of friends. Despite good intentions, “good people” do very bad things — often without understanding why.
New York Times–bestselling author Debbie Ford guides us into the heart of the duality that unknowingly operates within each one of us: the force that compels us to live by our values, give and receive love, and be a contributing member of the community; and the force that holds us back, sabotages our efforts, and repeatedly steers us toward bad choices.
Decoder Ring Theatre’s Red Panda series, #25, Brimstone Alley, about a series of fires in the city of Toronto.
Episode 3 of Space Casey, by Christiana Ellis.
Some of the new 2 Minute Film Noir pieces from ZBS.
Radio Antilles PLAYLIST 03/28/08 ARTIST/SONG/CD/LABLE * New Song
1. *Bob Marley and the Wailers / One Love (Cordovan remix) / Roots Rock Remixed / Quango – Tuff Gong
2 Dynamics / The Creator has a Master Plan / Version Excursions / www.grooveattack.com
3. The Paragons / The Tide is High / Duke Reid’s’ Treasure Chest
4. Alton and Hortense Ellis / Breaking up is hard to do / Respect to Studio One
5. *DJ Dolores/ Flying Horse / 1 Real / www.crammed.be
6 Sunny Levine / Sea Shells /
7. Gregory Issacs /
8. Strnager Cole / Run Joe / More intenisified : Original Ska 1963-1967/
9. *Babylon Circus / Jauais Bien Voulu / Dances of Resistance / www.mrbongo.com
10. Projecto Screto / Jamaica 69 /
11 Lee Perry / Man to Man /
12. Shenley Dufus / Rukumbine
13. Debashish Bhattacharya / Madhya Gat in Sitarkahi Tal / Hindustani Slide / IAM
14. * Ojos De Brulo / Respira /Techari Live / Six Degrees
15. Donald Byrd / Think Twice (Jazzanova remix) / Blue Note Trip / Blue Note
16. Sharon Jones and the Dapkings / I Just Dropped In To See What condition My condition Is In / 7 inch single – daptone
17. The Heavy / That Kind of Man / Great Vengenance and Furious Fire / www.counterrecords.com
18. * Luciano / For I / Jah is my Navigator / VP
19 Habib Koité Bamada / Batoumambe / Foly / World Village