The first hour includes Andean and Venezuelan music, a small homage to the Uruguayan José Carbajal, “El sabalero” (who passed away on October 21), and music from Michoacán, Mexico. The third ½ hour is a homage to the Spaniard poet Miguel Hernández in celebration of the 100th anniversary of his birth. The literature segment presents “Luvina”, by the Mexican author Juan Rulfo.
After a cameo appearance a few weeks ago doing a couple of acoustic numbers in Studio 4, Faces & Radio graduated to Studio 5 for a full program. They sure sounded great! Give a listen and check them out on their band page here: http://facesandradio.bandcamp.com/releases
Five stories from KFAI’s 10,000 Fresh Voices series, featuring:
1. Dia de los Muertos, produced by Allison Herrera
2. The Haunted Soap Factory, produced by Jessica Folker
3. Graphic Novelist Will Dinski, produced by Britt Aamodt
4. Sound Artist Viv Corringham, produced by Bill Lindeke
5. Global Mamas, produced by Michelle Alimoradi