Ten Reasons to Give to KFAI
10 REASONS TO PLEDGE YOUR SUPPORT TO KFAI
1. You receive the great benefits of KFAI membership, including:
- Great programming.
- Voting rights in your organization (for membership levels of $25 or more.
- A program guide and information on local music events.
- A member card used for discounts at local businesses.
- A monthly electronic newsletter with updates on all that’s happening at KFAI.
2. You support an organization with a compelling mission: To broadcast information, arts and entertainment programming for an audience of diverse racial, social and economic backgrounds. PLEDGE NOW
3. Your contribution goes a long way to ensure listener-supported, volunteer-powered media. KFAI has more than 3,000 listener-members, and over 400 volunteers power the station’s work. PLEDGE NOW
4. You’re supporting KFAI’s future growth. In 2008, KFAI celebrated 30 years of broadcasting by increasing its power from to 900 watts and conerted its signal to digital, extending its reach into the southeast suburbs. In 2009, KFAI added special internet programming and an MP3 stream to its web page. In 2010, KFAI aligned its programming to bring 8 hours of music straight during each weekday, a solid block of jazz on Saturday mornings, and added over a dozen new public affairs and music programs. Who knows what the future holds with your support? PLEDGE NOW
5. You support unique national public affairs programs, including Democracy Now! and Free Speech Radio News. PLEDGE NOW
6. You support award winning music programming you cannot hear anywhere else. KFAI is the local source for eclectic music covering a wide range of tastes. From the blues and soul to international and world beat, from folk and roots to rap and ska, music savvy volunteer programmers deliver diverse musical styles to you! Music hosts have won several "Best of" awards for their unique programs and the volunteer news reporters have won Minnesota Society for Professional Journalism Page One awards in competitions with stories produced at mainstream media outlets. PLEDGE NOW
7. KFAI provides programs for Minnesota’s emerging communities. KFAI broadcasts programs in 12 languages each week, representing a major communication vehicle for local ethnic communities. PLEDGE NOW
8. KFAI is radio created BY the community! We regularly hold training sessions for volunteers to learn the ropes of radio broadcasting, and have a once a week program, The Wave Project, where anyone can create a program to make his or her voice heard. PLEDGE NOW
9. Your contribution keeps independent voices in the media. KFAI is YOUR grassroots community radio station with programming you won’t hear anywhere else, and community voices that would not be represented without KFAI. PLEDGE NOW
10. Your support keeps KFAI’s eclectic mix of music, progressive news and public affairs, and cultural programming on the air. KFAI depends on member support to keep delivering Radio Without Boundaries to you. Pledge your support now!
KFAI Web Exclusive
Can't get enough of the programs you hear on the air? Then check out KFAI's Web Exclusive programming for the no-holds-barred, uncut content that you won't find anywhere else! New episodes are uploaded every Thursday, so look beyond the radio-dial!
Listen to News podcasts
- Jobs and Internships
- Press releases
- Privacy Statement
- Station News
- Board of Directors
- E-Newsletter/Sign Up!
- Support KFAI
- Volunteer at KFAI
- Current Underwriters
- KFAI Program Committee
- Become a KFAI Underwriter
- Full Programs